UTC Overseas, Inc. is always interested in hearing from talented professionals. If you consider yourself a serious candidate, send your resume to our Human Resources Department at Careers@utcoverseas.com or mail to our corporate address.
Your information will be handled in strict confidence
UTC Overseas, Inc. is looking for motivated business development professionals to join our dynamic global team. This is an exceptional opportunity for the right candidates offering advancement and the potential to manage your own sales team. Seeking talent in all major markets.
• Service existing accounts and establish new accounts by planning and organizing daily work schedule that includes visiting customers, prospecting for new customers and following up on leads.
• Assume full account management of clients by offering exceptional service that will close sales and result in repeat business.
• Evaluate regional market to develop list of target businesses and identify opportunities for growth.
• Knowledge of the freight forwarding market a plus.
• Build strong relationships with clients, work to understand their business and become partners helping them meet their day-to-day logistics challenges.
• Collaborate with UTC pricing department to develop competitive quotes for current and future customers.
• Work with marketing to prepare customized sales presentations to pitch UTC’s full scope of services to existing and potential client base.
• Provide competitive feedback and intelligence to marketing and sales department by monitoring market developments, pricing, trade lanes, delivery schedules, etc.
• Keep management informed of day-to-day activities by submitting call reports as well as target list of accounts.
• Work with sales team, branch manager and operations staff to maintain a high level of service for all clients.
• Assume additional responsibilities as necessary.
• 5+ years of selling experience with an NVOCC, freight forwarder or customs brokerage house
• Track record of developing business and closing sales
• Results driven with an aptitude for relationship building
• Good negotiation skills
• Strong decision making abilities
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Must be willing to travel